Friday, June 17, 2016

THE BATMAN: Episode 6 "Wheel's In Motion"

This is Fan-Fiction screenplay of the world's greatest detective. I don't own the rights to any of the characters, this is simply for fun.

[27] BACK IN WAYNE ENTERPRISES. GORDON and BULLOCK walk up to an injured HARVEY DENT. DENT has a bloody washcloth to his head.
Bullock:
People love Dent. Why do you think the media call him ‘Apollo’?
Commissioner Gordon:
Because they say he’s charming, good-looking, and seemingly untouchable. That’s why.
They get up to him.
Commissioner Gordon:
Hey, Apollo. I mean Dent.
Dent:
Commissioner. Where’d you go in such a hurry?
Commissioner Gordon:
I found Bullock shooting at The Batman.
Dent:
You know, I’ve been thinking about what he said, ‘I get the criminals, you prosecute them’. I know that there is no one else in Gotham brave enough to prosecute all the crime we have in the city. It’s probably a good thing that we have a man brave enough to fight the crime.
Bullock: (Sarcastically)
Yah, that’s a good thing.
GORDON turns to BULLOCK.
Commissioner Gordon:
Don’t you have something else you can do right now?
BULLOCK leaves them to work.
Bullock:
Alright guys let’s get them to the cars!
GORDON turns back to DENT.
Commissioner Gordon:
Bullock doesn’t like The Batman so much.
Dent:
Why not?
Commissioner Gordon:
He says that Batman’s going to take the law into his own hands after so long, and become a criminal himself. But I think I know what he really thinks.
Dent:
What?
Commissioner Gordon:
He thinks that The Batman will take his job as Detective.
[28] THE BATCAVE. BRUCE still has the costume on his cowl’s off though. He’s looking through the file while ALFRED bandages him up.
Bruce:
All I can find in this file is stuff about a Walter Cromwell. (Alfred tightens the bandage too much) Ow!
Alfred:
Sorry sir. The bullet just grazed you. What about this Walter Cromwell?
Bruce:
It says he was originally an engineer at a chemical plant who quit his job to pursue his dream of being a stand-up comedian, only to fail miserably.
Alfred:
But what would Cromwell have to do with Langstrom? What’s the connection?
Bruce:
My guess is the man I saw in the ally wasn’t Langstrom.
Alfred:
Why?
Bruce:
He had on a red hood.
[29] NIGMA’S UNDERGROUND HIDEOUT. MARONI is sitting at the table in the dark room. Him and his HENCHMEN are waiting for something. MARONI stands up.
Maroni: (Angrily)
Well, where is he?!
MARONI slams his fist on the table. The HENCHMEN jerk backwards.
Maroni:
We’ve been waiting for him to show up, and he doesn’t!
We see a shadow behind MARONI. We hear a voice we don’t recognize.
Voice:
Come on Sally baby. Do you think I’m going to desert you and leave you to The Batman?
MARONI turns around.
Maroni:
It’s about time you showed up. And please don’t end all of your sentences in a question mark.
The shadow becomes visible. EDWARD “E” NIGMA is the man. He’s in a green suit. Just plain green. He’s pretty crazy smiley kinda’ guy.
Nigma:
Is there something wrong with question marks?
Maroni:
Just get to the point Nigma!
Nigma:
Will you please call me Eddy?
Maroni:
No.
Nigma:
Ed?
Maroni:
No.
Nigma:
How about Mr. Ed?
MARONI grabs NIGMA by the collar.
Maroni:
Would you get to the point?
Nigma:
Would you keep your hands off me?
Maroni:
What did you want me here for?
NIGMA pushes MARONI back.
Nigma:
First off, what happened between you and The-(Smiles and a little giggle) The Bat?
Maroni:
Is that all you wanted to talk about?
Nigma:
Why? What did you want to talk about?
NIGMA pulls out a Rubik’s cube and plays around with it.
Maroni:
Do you know how we can rule this city again?
Nigma:
Do I? (Pause. He then bursts out laughing)
Maroni:
Nigma!
Nigma:
I’m very sorry Maroni, but that was a stupid question. And I’m the only one that should be asking crazy questions around here, got it? But about taking over a city, why are you not in control now?
Henchman 1:
Batman.
Nigma:
Close. It’s not Batsy. It couldn’t be. He’s too predictable. Anyone else?
Henchman 2:
The cops?
Nigma:
They’ve been predictable since the dawn of time.
Henchman 1:
Dent?
Nigma:
Exactly. Dent hasn’t lost a case since he’s been here. And for a DA that’s impressive.
The HENCHMEN looks at each other.
Nigma:
Dent’s the one you’re really afraid of. Batman’s just in your minds and your mouths. But in your hearts, it’s Dent.
Maroni:
Since when have you become a psychologist Nigma?
Another voice is heard.
Voice:
Since I told him what to say.
He steps out. DR. JONATHAN CRANE. Tall, skinny, and he’s in his scarecrow outfit without the mask.
Maroni:
Well, well, if it isn’t Arkham’s illustrious psychologist Dr. Jonathan Crane. If you’re here, then I assume your boss, Hugo Strange is in on this.
Henchman 2:
What’s with the getup? (He starts to laugh as does Henchman 1)
CRANE walks up to them.
Crane:
You may laugh now boys, but just wait when I give you a healthy dose of my medicine.
Henchman 1:
If it’ll make us look like that, I don’t think I want it. (They burst out laughing)
CRANE smiles.
Crane:
I hope you brought more henchman, Sal.
Henchman 1 & 2:
Huh?
CRANE throws a poof of fear gas and they both go to the ground coughing. They look up at CRANE now reading as SCARECROW since his mask is on. They are so scared they’re crying.
Scarecrow:
Don’t you worry. I won’t hurt you… much. (Creepy laughter)
Henchman 1:
No! Mama! Mama!
Henchman 2:
Snakes! All the snakes!
SCARECROW (now CRANE) takes his mask off and looks at MARONI and NIGMA.
Nigma:
Isn’t it fascinating Maroni?
Maroni:
What is it?
Crane:
It’s my fear gas. It causes a person’s real fear and/or past events to come from his brain. Your First henchman’s mother died in a car accident.
Maroni:
How can you tell?
Crane:
The fear in his eyes tell me that there must have been an accident involving his mother. Your other henchman is afraid of snakes.
MARONI watches these weeping men.
Maroni:
Is there an antidote?
Crane:
I don’t know nor do I wish to. It’s more interesting this way.
Maroni:
How’s this going to solve our Dent problem.
Nigma:
Oh, this isn’t for Dent. It’s for the Batman.
Maroni:
Batman? But you said-.
Nigma:
If we can pick off Gotham’s heroes one by one. We take care of Batman. Citizen’s hopes are crushed. Police exposed. No one to trust. Dent will be their target.
NIGMA holds up the finished Rubik’s Cube.
Nigma:
And when Dent’s terminated,
NIGMA crushes the Cube.
Nigma:
Gotham will be ours.
[30] WAYNE MANSION. BRUCE is on the phone.
Bruce:
Ok… yeah I understand… well if you find out anything let me know. Thank you sir.
He hangs up. Alfred comes up.
Alfred:
Arthur Cromwell didn’t have anything to go on?
BRUCE shakes his head.
Bruce:
No. And I only have two names left. Let’s see.
BRUCE looks in the phone book.
Bruce:
Next is Harley Cromwell.
BRUCE dials the number and waits for an answer. HARLEY answers.
Harley: (Depressed Voice)
(Sigh) Hello.
Bruce:
Hi this is Bruce Wayne, and I was-
Harley: (Over the Phone)
The Bruce Wayne?
Bruce:
Yes and I was calling because I’m looking for someone with your last name.
Harley: (Over the Phone)
Oh, who?
Bruce:
Uh, his name is Walter.
PAUSE.
Bruce:
Hello?
CLICK. DIAL TONE. BRUCE looks at ALFRED, then he hangs up and walks toward the coach.
Bruce:
Found him.
Alfred:
Are you going as Batman, sir?
Bruce:
At 10:00 AM? Are you kidding?
Alfred:
I must warn you sir-,
BRUCE sits on the couch and picks up a remote.
Alfred:
I set up a smoke bomb on the right side of the utility belt third gadget.
BRUCE presses a button on the remote and the coach sinks into the Bat-cave.
Bruce:
I don’t think it will be necessary. But thanks anyway.
The coach is gone and is replaced by another couch of the same look. ALFRED smiles and starts sweeping the floor.
[31] BAT-CAVE. BRUCE puts the gloves on. Then the boots. Then the cape. Finally the cowl. Then the Bat-mobile roars to life and it zooms through the entrance.
[32] HARLEY’S APARTMENT. HARLEY instructs her son TYLER to hurry and pack. She is in a hurry.
Tyler:
Where are we going, mommy?
Harley:
I’ll tell you later Ty. Right now we need to hurry.
HARLEY rushes into TYLER’S room and starts putting his clothes in a small suitcase as fast as she can. TYLER puts some of his toys in an arm bag. He sees something lying on the floor. He picks it up. It’s a pencil. He shows HARLEY.
Tyler:
Mommy, will we come back?
HARLEY stops and looks at him. She puts her arms on TYLER’S shoulders.
Harley:
I don’t know, Ty. I don’t think we need to be in Gotham any more. Why do you ask?
TYLER shows her the pencil.
Tyler:
I borrowed this pencil from Brittney at school and I said I would give it back and I want to always keep my promises.
HARLEY puts her head down. She’s near tears.
Harley:
At least you’re not like your father.
She looks up at him.
Harley:
Ty, take your toy bag downstairs to the car. And I’ll be down there in a minute. Ok?
TYLER nods and obeys as HARLEY continues her packing. He stops in the doorway and turns to look at something on his dresser.
Tyler:
Could he save us mommy?
HARLEY turns to see what TYLER’S talking about. A BAT carved out of wood and painted black.
[33] NOON. HARLEY’S APARTMENT. TYLERS’S ROOM. STILL ON THE BAT SYMBOL. A shadow is seen in the window covering the dresser. BATMAN is looking in the window of the semi-empty apartment. HARLEY and TYLER are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment